THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cabin Fever!

I am officially 2 weeks into board study!  Three weeks from Tuesday is the big day!  I am scared and excited at the same time.  I am shocked (and pleasantly surprised) at how much I actually remember!!!  Anyway, my days consist of studying 10-12 hours a day.  Awesome huh?  I study at home all by myself and I am getting to the point the sight of my kitchen table gives me PTSD.  Next week I am going to try for a change of scenery...perhaps the city library or somewhere in the school of medicine.  I have tried my parent's house, but it wasn't much better.  


I must say though, the gloomy weather has made it a little better.  I am sorry to all of those who are wishing the sun would come out and stay, but at least when its cloudy I don't feel like I am missing out so much!

This morning while checking my facebook page (I am living vicariously through others) I got a slap in the face courtesy of my brother Sean.  His update said, "Sean Mackintosh is going to Buenos Aires for the weekend."  WHAT???  Must be nice huh?  You wake up in the morning and think, "Maybe I will jet down to South America for the weekend."  I AM GOING INTO THE WRONG PROFESSION!!!  :)  I guess that is one of the perks of doing your internship with an airline.  

This post is totally random I know....

Tuesday night my friend Megan and I decided we needed to let off a little steam so we went for a LONG walk through memory grove and city creek canyon.  We started around 6:30 and at about 7:45 we were on 11th avenue walking along when it started to sprinkle.  I said, "uh oh it looks like it might rain."  The sprinkling continued until we were on F street and 11th ave (I live on F street between 1st and 2nd ave) and pretty much as soon as we turned the corner it started to POUR!!!  We both looked at each other.  It was inevitable, we were going to be soaked by the time we got home.  10 blocks (sprinting) later we were in my house.  Our shoes were full of water and I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower.  I LOVED IT!  I was in such a good mood when we got home.  I am not really sure why.  Maybe because I actually got to interact with someone and be outside...who knows, but it was probably the highlight of my week!  

Enough ramblings for today...UPDATE YOUR BLOGS!!!  I like to know what you are doing while I am reading about disorders, drugs, and diarrhea :)  

0 comments: