THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The sun will get me through

2 more weeks until 3rd year is over! In this 2 weeks, however, I have to go to Ogden to work with a rheumatologist at McKay Dee, do my end of year clinical exam (tomorrow) and pass (hopefully more than that) my Internal Medicine end of rotation exam (SHELF) on June 18th. This may not really sound that bad, but SHELF exams are REALLY HARD! Its pretty much like taking mini boards every 6 weeks. I have passed (and done quite well) on the other exams, but I am dreading this one because internal medicine is so broad. The test covers cardiology, pulmonology, gastrointestinal, rheumatology, endocrinology, renal, neurology, dermatology, infectious disease, hematology, and oncology among other random things...NO BID DEAL, just everything I have learned in medical school :) I planned it this way though thinking it would help me prepare for the second step of my national boards which I take July 21...wish me luck.


Its a good thing the sun has come out so I can sit by the pool and study (and have a lovely sunburn to show for it).

Then, I have 6 weeks off...well sort of. I took July off to study for step 2 of my boards, do my national clinical exam in LA (July 27) and get my residency application ready which gets submitted Sept 1...SCARY!!!

Wow, how times flies!

3 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

I admire your motivation and perserverance. Good job!

Ashley and Devan said...

Wow, you are almost done with year three! You are awesome!

Danielle and Ryan said...

Good luck!! Let me know when you are in LA!