#1: Boards: I took step 2 of the USMLE boards on July 24th after spending 5 weeks studying 12-15 hours a day. Sounds fun, I know! Frankly, I had to do better than I did on step 1 and my hard work paid off. I went up 31 points from Step 1!!!
#2 Burn ICU: I started in the burn ICU at the University of Utah Aug 1. It was my "Sub-I" (sub internship), a fourth year rotation where you are expected to function at the level of an intern. It was pretty freaking awesome! The surgeries were great, I got to work in an ICU which I love, and my patients got better and went home which does not always happen in an ICU. I finished friday and "honored" it. (we are graded pass, fail, honor).
#3 Residency application: My application for residency is due in a week so I have spent every free moment writing my personal statement (worst part of any application), filling out my resume, and getting letters of recommendations. After 15+ revisions of my personal statement I think I am finally done and hope to have my application submitted by next weekend.
#4 Oregon: I left saturday morning at 5:00 am to drive to Portland for a month. I am doing a visiting rotation in anesthesiology at OHSU. It is pretty much a month long residency interview so I won't be sleeping much, studying more than I have in my life, and putting my best face on for the next month! Wish me luck!
#5 BREAK: I have 2 weeks off after my visiting rotation and I can't wait to have time to catch up on sleep and be a normal person for a while (obviously that hasn't happened for quite some time!!!)
3 comments:
Good for you Natalie! I'm inspired by how hard you work!
Hey... how come I keep getting weird emails from you? Someone hack into it?
Yes my email account got hacked and I can't figure out how to fix it. I deleted all of my contacts hoping that would help, but who knows. Sorry!
Post a Comment