THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seattle

My little trip to Seattle was a much needed escape from SLC.

Day 1:

I arrived around 7:00 pm. Jason and Lauren (his girlfriend) picked me up at the airport and we did some sight seeing after eating dinner at a really good mexican place

Day 2:

I got up and took Jason's dog (an 80 lb hound) for a run. He may have actually taken me for a run but it was so nice. It was raining a bit, but it was so green and lush. Boomer (the dog) thinks he needs to sniff everything! It makes for a little bit of a problem, but I learned how to control him.

After the run Jason and I went on a tour of Safeco Field, where the Mariners play. Lauren works there so I got to see all of the back stage stuff. Pretty cool I must say.





Lunch= crepes! So good!

After lunch we went to the Locks where all of the big fishing boats hang out. By this time it was pretty much a downpour so the trip out to the boats was pretty quick.



Next on the agenda? Pizza, but the freeway was totally stopped so we found a cute little italian place just across the street from Jason's house. I had spaghetti and meatballs and boy was it good!

Day 3:

We started the morning hiking a trail called Tiger Mountain. It was beautiful and REALLY STEEP! My ankle hurt like a son of a gun by the end, but it was worth it.




Then, we went for a drive up to some waterfalls. Jason is terrified of heights so getting one picture of him was a battle.



We were tired after the hike and minimal sleep so we kind of hung out until dinner. We had planned on going to The Melting Pot. Not so fast though, we needed reservations or we couldn't get a table for 2 hours. Solution? Jimmy Mack's BBQ. MMmmm MMmmm GOOD!

Now, for the highlight of the night. Playing Wii Super Mario Brothers until my thumbs hurt (aka 3:00 am)

Day 4
Wake up and play Wii with bandaids on my thumbs

Leap year! Pretty cute movie. Totally predictable but cute.

Shopping. We found a huge mall with great stores. 2 hours later I had 2 black shirts....exciting huh?

Next, Pike's Place. What a fun place. All of the local artists set up booths and there is tons of fresh fish and other food.




I found this really cool hand blown glass bowel originally $400, my price $30! What a deal!!! We got there a little late and a lot of the venders were closing down which made for a once in a lifetime opportunity...Pike's Place Mini Doughnuts, $3 a bag. I really don't like doughnuts but these were freshly made, still warm little pieces of heaven!!!

Dinner...the beforementioned Pizza place and it did not disappoint!

Then you guessed it more Wii fun!!! We got the the 5th world (of 8) before I left!

Day 5: Off to the Pier for a little souvenier shopping before catching my flight back home.

Thanks Jason and Lauren for a fun weekend!

0 comments: